Friday, June 1, 2012

let's polka

Ever since I was told that I looked like Minnie Mouse at an 8th grade formal where I donned a precious black and white polka dot & pink trim dress, I have avoided the playful pattern altogether. Ya'll, those words are traumatizing at 14!! (And from a boy, no less!!)

Recently, however, I just feel pulled toward them! The minute I spotted J.Crew's Jacquard Dot Popover I had to have it! (Though I have yet to actually have it, if only my play money was so quick to roll in...)

In my 6 years of growing style wisdom (ha, please) since that horrifying situation...which I've totally let go by now...clearly...I've learned, as with most everything else, polka dots can tastefully be incorporated into your closet at home. Go for this Fedora from Forever 21 and hit the beach in a simple cover-up and bathing suit or, if you're feeling slightly more daring, pair the J.Crew button down I mentioned with boyfriend skinnies and a simple sandal and you're out the door!

[Images via Forever 21 & J.Crew]

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...