Thursday, May 24, 2012

white hot, sheer delight

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting (...and waiting) to wear a stunning white ensemble for the coming Memorial Day weekend, but I wasn't quite sure what that would entail until I saw this post by Sydney Poulton. Not just white, people, white on white. The abundance of monochromatic looks on the Spring 2012 runway were most certainly eye-catching, but nothing quite pops or brings about such a stylistic simplicity as an all-white ensemble.

And yes, I know there are those of you out there who chose to throw the "no white until after Memorial Day" rule out the window a long time ago, along with many other respected fashionistas. And I'm not fighting ya! I have absolutely worn elements of white since January (what with embracing the "Winter Whites" trend and all--love). I simply think that an ensemble with such a great intensity of white should be saved post-holiday weekend. After all, [Midwestern] Chic would not be so without keeping some tradition in tact :)

With that said, here is one of my inspiration looks from Shopbop for the upcoming weekend. And what with the LAST DAY of their Big Event Sale, I think there's no better excuse than to indulge in this simple, yet bold, hue.
[Image via Shopbop]

Oh and PS- have you seen my listing (see right-hand side bar) for my mint condition Louis Vuitton that I am selling? Original box, dust bag AND copy of the original RECEIPT FROM SAKS included! Perfect condition, simply do not wear enough. In need of a loving home!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...