Tuesday, May 1, 2012

less worry, more focus


In two days this girl will be headed to Cape Canaveral for the weekend and I, for one, could not be in more dire need of a relaxing mini-break! Sweet time with the family, relaxing on the beach, and honoring my big bro at a wonderful gala event will make for one splendid weekend in the Sunshine state. Post-getaway, only two finals stand in my way from the summer ahead...que working in a wonderful office, interning for a fabulous jewelry designer (more to come on this, rest assured!), online class bringing me one step closer to early graduation, 21st birthday, dear friend's bridal shower + bachelorette party, and a mini-vacay or two somewhere in between...whew)!
With so many wonderful adventures and memories among all that lies ahead of me, it can be a challenge to stay focused on the task at hand and truly "live for today"...a phrase I have come across a ridiculous amount of times as of late. Take it for what you will, but I'll take it as a sweet sign from the Big Man. I know that my brain is constantly going one million miles a minute, thinking about all of the yesterdays I have had and all of the tomorrow's I will have. The tricky part is doing less of the aforementioned and finding more time to appreciate the present. For many of us, the majority of our thoughts tend to dwell on the past and what we would have done differently. For me, I really and truly have made an effort to build a life for myself in which I live with no (or very few) regrets. On the flip side, however, I tend to worry and dwell on all of the tomorrow's in my future, often leaving me little time to stop and really focus on this. very. moment. That's not to say that we can't look forward to all that we have coming up in life- there is no shame in being filled with excitement!! Rather, making a conscious effort to do away with all regret (from the past) and worry (for the future) can do a world of good for everyone, myself especially! So go on, friends, LIVE FOR TODAY!

[Image via Pinterest]

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...