Tuesday, January 3, 2012

two thousand + twelve

Can you believe we are already well under way in the new year? I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a fabulous New Years in the past few weeks. I know I've taken somewhat of a hiatus since November, but I can't apologize for that- I have been over-working myself for the past few months now and for my sake and sanity I needed a break! A lot of bloggers have the New Year's resolution to blog more consistently, but I beg to ask- if it is more consistent yet less meaningful what is it worth? If I have any New Year's resolution regarding blogging for 2012 it would be to continue to blog meaningful thoughts and ideas regarding style, fashion, and beauty on [Midwestern] Chic. This really always has been my mantra, and while that may mean my posts are less than perfectly consistent, I ask that you appreciate the lack of "blogging just to blog". After all, who likes a compulsive talker?
I hope the new year brings you many blessings and much wisdom.

[Image via Tumblr]

xo

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty in this post. I tell myself frequently that I'm going to post every day - but honestly, with that kind of pressure to post every day I found that many of my posts weren't though out, and were crap compared to ones when I take a break and and only post a few times a week or month. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...