Monday, September 26, 2011

weekend recap

My weekend in Kansas City was fabulous and much needed, to say the least. It reminded me of a slightly condensed, more midwestern Atlanta (and we all know how dear Atlanta is to my heart, love!) and the entire weekend proved to be relaxing with plenty of good company, good shopping, and good food! The drive over was a hop, skip and a jump from where I'm living and completely painless with my sweet friend Page in the car with me! Arriving on our dear friend Georganne's doorstep in a darling neighborhood close to her campus was simply delightful. Georgie, Page and I then proceeded to spend a mellow evening watching Bridesmaids (HILARIOUS. If you haven't seen yet you have my permission to drop everything and Red Box that baby...but don't forget to come back). The next day consisted of coffee, shopping, shopping, art fair, lunch, shopping and...more shopping, without a doubt. These two stores treated me too well, mind you...
Upon embarking for The Plaza to commence our shopping extraordinaire, my budget-friendly conscience reminded me to keep from going over the top in terms of spending like there's no tomorrow (good conscience). One of the best ways for me to keep my spending habits at bay is to really think about what I need, not want. Staple pieces are the best to purchase, clothing that is timeless and classic and going to last a lifetime (well...maybe not a lifetime, but at least for a while). Worried about staying current? Incorporating trends is always something that is easily done with accessories added to classics. With that in mind, I set out to purchase only those few staple pieces that I was lacking, and for the most part I was pretty successful! (I did fall victim to a few sales, though...so dang sneaky!)
Hope everyone's weekend was fabulous and week to be just as fabulous!

[Images via Google]

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...