Saturday, May 21, 2011

another etsy discovery

Every once in a while I have to go on an Etsy-hiatus. While I absolutely adore all things vintage and handmade, I am also so easily overwhelmed by the plethora of talent out there that my inner craftinista, if you will, simply shuts down. I am so glad that I took a quick peek back at the site today, though, because I discovered these. I am in love with the hippie-chic, bohemian trend in jewelry that has girls layering their necks, wrists and fingers with necklace after bracelet after ring...and these I love. THESE I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. It's always a little hard to me to part with my Yurman and J. Hardy bracelets that have become everyday classic staple pieces for me to (every once in a while) give in to my inner-boho and throw on a braided wrap bracelet, but after seeing these babies I think I'll manage. I love the creativity of these pieces as well as the fun bit of symbolism.


"The Hamsa is an ancient Middle Eastern amulet symbolizing the Hand of God. In all faiths it is a protective sign. The Hamsa hand can be worn with the fingers pointing up or down and is often paired with an eye symbol, which is a powerful talisman against the evil eye. In addition to averting the gaze of the ayin ha‘ra, or the evil eye, both amulets are believed to offer its owner happiness, luck, health, and prosperity."



[All images via Etsy]

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...