Sunday, September 6, 2009

new beginnings

August has come and gone and it is now officially September, a month that marks many new beginnings. School has now started and I'm finally beginning to embrace my long-lost routine of waking up early, going to school, doing homework, going to bed, and starting the whole process over- an affair that lasts five days. On a happier note, college football has also officially begun and I was lucky enough to have my two favorite teams play on the same weekend- Auburn and MU. Of course, both my Tigers won :) There's just something about being in the presence of a football arena on a crisp fall day amidst thousands of cheering fans, the band playing in the background, sporting what only avid sports fans refer to as "THEIR primary colors". Although I'm a fan of a warm southern breeze year round, I can cope with the cooler weather so long as I have tickets to the game that weekend.
Another beginning I've had to face, though, is the beginning of many endings. Senior year in high school is rather bittersweet for someone like me, praying and praying that the last day of school will come much sooner than later but at the same time not wanting things to end so soon. It's a time of mixed emotions, reminiscing on both the past and the future and wondering just what's ahead of me- what's to become of me. I've had to pray a lot lately, asking God to show me where I'm supposed to be and to give me the strength to live my life for Him, according to His plan, and not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...